Here is the June (slow jam) edition of Bump & Grind. For those who don’t know, this mix is in collaboration with a monthly R&B event I do where we play nothing but R&B music from the late 80s/90’s/2000’s.
This Bump & Grind event takes place in Halifax, Nova Scotia inside Lion & Bright. If you are in town, come out and have some fun.
This mix is a small sample of the music that will be played throughout the evening. Enjoy!
01. Jodeci – Love U 4 Life
02. R. Kelly – You Remind Me Of My Jeep
03. Aaliyah – One In A Million
04. Montell Jordan – Lets Ride (Remix)
05. Tyrese – Sweet Lady
06. Ready For The World – Love You Down
07. Silk – Freak Me
08. Mint Condition – Breakin My Heart
09. Ginuwine – Pony
Event information: Click Here For The Facebook Event Page
Hey everyone, hope the week has been treating you well.
This week I have a special edition of ‘Get Loose’. It features my good friend and DJ pal, Nick Bike. I’ve recently started reaching out to some DJ friends to do some guest spots for my ‘Get Loose’ mix series and Nick Bike is up first and he does not disappoint one bit.
To put it simply, Nick Bike is a dope DJ (3style Vancouver Champ) and knows his music well. If you are a DJ yourself, chances are you probably have at least one of his many edits nestled into one of your Serato crates. Over the years Nick Bike has released some great edits and remixes. Most recently released a really wicked version of Childish Gambino’s “Red Bone”. Right now it has over 50k plays on his soundcloud. If you haven’t heard it, check that sh*t out!
Anyway, it’s a great mix. Listen up and give it a share. Thanks again to the homie, Nick Bike
2. Bastion – Astral
3. D.V.N.O. – Odd Nite (Instrumental)
4. Armand Van Helden – The Funk Phenomena (acapella)
5. Pride – Le Jour Promis
6. Daft Punk – Too Long (95 Royale Remix)
7. Sylvester – Over And Over
8. Golden Bug – Krokodil
9. Kanye West – Black Skinhead
10. Louis La Roche – Galaxy Riders
11. Coping Mechanism – Sway Towards
12. Born Dirty – Trippy
13. Grandtheft & Sleepy Tom – Hold On x Deep Down Low
14. Housemeister – Who Is That Boys
15. Scenario Rock – Skitzo Dancer (acapella)
16. Justice – Stress MMXVII (Loze Edit)
17. Metallica – For Whom The Bells Toll (Nick Bike Edit)
18. Onelight – Silver (feat. Egyptian Lover)
19. Soulwax – Transient Program For Drums And Machinery
20. DiRTY RADiO – Champagne Bubbles (feat. 528)
21. Suken – Lift Off
22. Cameo – Candy
23. Wham! – Lovemaker
24. Luke Million – Riders
Here is the May Edition of ‘Bump N Grind’. It features music from Stevie Wonder, Jane Child, Keith Sweat, Billy Lawrence, Jody Watley, Cameo, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, and a ‘New Jack Swing’ Edit of ‘Sorry Not Sorry’ by Bryson Tiller.
I’m doing these R&B inspired mixes for an event I have called ‘Bump N Grind’ (just like the name of mixes). The event happens in Halifax, Nova Scotia at a nice little spot called Lion & Bright. If you are in the area this Victoria Day Weekend, come by early and say what’s up! I’ll include the event information down below.
Feel free to share the mix!
01. Guy – Groove Me
02. Jane Child – Dont Want To Fall In Love (Teddy Riley Remix)
03. Keith Sweat – I Want Her
04. Billy Lawrence – Up And Down
05. Jody Watley – Real Love
06. Stevie Wonder – Love Light In Flight
07. Cameo – Candy
08. Joe Public – Live And Learn
09. Michael Jackson – Remember The Time
10. Janet Jackson – Its Alright
11. Byson Tiller – Sorry Not Sorry (Okay TK New Jack Swing Edit)
Here is the latest episode of Get Loose. I decided to have it more Hip-Hop catered. Enjoy!
01. Patrice Rushen – Remind Me (Dj Day Edit)
02. Nas – Aint Hard To Tell
03. The Notorious Big – Gimme The Loot
04. A Tribe Called Quest – Check The Rhime
05. The Lost Boyz – Me And My Crazy World
06. Slum Village – Players
07. Common – The Light