I Recently put together another 90’s/2000’s R&B inspired mix for an upcoming event I have called, Bump N Grind. It’s an old school 90’s/2000’s R&B night. It takes place this Saturday (April 15th, 2017) inside Lion & Bright (Halifax, Nova Scotia).
Click Here For More Event Information
This mix is a small sample of the music that will be played throughout the evening. Enjoy!
01. Jodeci – Get On Up
02. Gina Thompson Ft. Raekwon – The Things You Do (Darkchild Remix)
03. Intro – Let Me Be The One
04. Mary J Blige – You Remind Me
05. Brandy Ft. Ll Cool J – Sitting Up In My Room (Remix)
06. Usher – Think Of You
07. Mase Ft. Total – What You Want
08. Swv – Youre The One
09. Brownstone – If You Love Me
10. Maxwell – Ascension
11. Brian Mcknight – Hold Me
12. Mya Ft. Jay-z – Best Of Me (Part 2)
13. Foxy Brown Ft. Blackstreet – Get Me Home
14. R Kelly Ft. Nas – Did You Ever Think (Remix)
15. Ne-yo Ft. Ll Cool J – So Sick (Remix)
I put together this little 30 minute mix in celebration of a night I do that’s called The Jam. It turns 3 years old this weekend.
This mix is a quick taste of some of the music that we play at this event. It’s literally all over the place.
The Jam Facebook Event Page
01. Drake – Blem (Mozes Remix)
02. Drake – Started From The Glow
03. Tlc – Waterfalls (Uptempo)
04. The Internet – Somethings Missing
05. Sg Lewis – Warm (Okay Tk Edit)
06. Oliver – Night Is On My Mind
07. Dance Break
08. Rihanna – Rude Boy (Moshe Edit)
09. Adele – Hello (Adam Doubleyou X Nick Bike Remix)
10. Major Lazer Ft. Ty Dolla Sign, Wizkid – Boom
11. Drake – One Dance
12. Dillon Francis – Burn Up The Dance
13. Kanye West – Fade (Petedown Edit)
14. Mighty Fools – Bunda Seios
15. Iggy Azalea – Mo Bounce
16. Omarion – Distance (Moombah Edit)
Hope the new year is going well for everyone. Sorry, I’ve been lacking with the updates. The last couple weeks have been pretty busy with school and placements. Thankfully I’m almost finished my course – only 5 weeks to go!
Anyway, I just wanted to fill you in on a little event coming up next week for Valentines Day. Me and my good friend DJ IV are coming together to play an event dedicated to the 90s. Throughout the night we will be playing your favorite songs from that era. Arguably one of the best periods for R&B music but I’ll save that discussion for another time.
This event is taking place Feb 11th at Lion & Bright. We’re keeping cover super cheap as well – so there is almost no excuse for you to miss this event. Hopefully we’ll see you there!
Maybe we’ll release a little mix as well. *Fingers crossed
Facebook event link
We survived the holidays, we survived New Years, we got damn survived the rampaging hell beast of 2016 and emerged on the other side in 2017 bleary eyed and hoping, nay I say – wanting. Wanting of a new year where we can gaze into the yawning abyss of uncertainty and move forward, nurturing a sense of hope and optimism. Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger. Keeping fit and having fun. This is our 2017.
If you are in town (Halifax, Nova Scotia) this weekend, I highly recommend you make it out to THE JAM this SATURDAY.
Event information: The Jam Facebook Event